Visitors are always welcome.
O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. -Psalm 95:1
Who We Are
Among the oldest congregations in York County, Chanceford Presbyterian Church was established in 1751. Nestled in the scenic, rolling hills and farmland of Lower Chanceford Township, our building features some of the most beautiful stained glass windows and unique late 19th century architecture in the county. The granite structure houses an inspirational sanctuary for all who worship there each Sunday.
Regardless of its 260 plus years of history, our worship reflects a vibrant blend of traditional and contemporary music. Our warm and welcoming congregation is often noted by visitors. Our membership consists of a substantial number of farming families along with professionals, business people and educators. A growing number of young singles and families have become evident the past few years, thereby creating a wonderful span of age groups.
What We Believe
- God is one God in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We are a “God-visited” planet; that is, through the person of Jesus Christ, God revealed himself to all humanity through Jesus’ own humanity.
- Jesus Christ lived, died and was raised from the dead for our sake. All who believe in him receive new and eternal life through him.
- All followers of Christ are members of his Body and are called to be ministers in his name.
- We, the Church of Jesus Christ, are called by him to demonstrate his love to the world by reaching out to those in need and thereby proclaim the good news of God’s grace and salvation offered through Jesus Christ.